Kickstarter has forever changed the way great ideas can get funded. There have been numerous companies launched from a great Kickstarter video campaign that have gone on to great success. We have found that Explainer videosÂ are one of the best way to create a connection to your audience and get your project funded.
The common factors with these campaigns are creativity, being genuine, and keeping it short. You need to make sure that you have licenses for all images and sounds used for your Kickstarter video campaign. This includes the audio track on your video, if there any logos (such as the Apple logo) visible in your video and more.
To cover again how to be successful on Kickstarter.
- Be Creative! There are hundreds of great ideas on Kickstarter, be creative about how you communicate your idea. You have to stand out from everyone; it is your only chance! Explainer videos are a great way to do this.
- Be Genuine! People are very sensitive to authenticity, and it is how they connect to your brand and idea. Some people have even gone as far as to fake Kickstarter campaigns. Kickester video campaigns work because they establish trust through being fully authentic. Make sure the video is articulate and genuine so that potential investors can connect with you on a personal level, and want to give you funding.
- Keep it short! As everyone knows, viewer’s attention spans online are forever dwindling. Most explainer” videos are at most 90 seconds, which is why they work so well for Kickstarter video campaigns.
Last but not least, be sure to check that there is no type of copyright infringement occurring through audio or visual aspects of your Kickstarter video campaign.
Below are some ideas of what to cover in your video:
- Introduce yourself to your viewers.
- Explain the story behind your project.
- Ask people for support directly, and explain how that support will help the project, and where the money will go.
- Go over the rewards that you are offering, ideally using images.
- Make sure to thank everyone for their help, and how you are able to reach your dreams with their help (or something along those lines).
Your Kickstarter video campaign should be no longer than 90 seconds ideally to make sure that you are articulate. Yes, we are an explainer video company, and recommend explainer videos. The reason we can do so confidently is because of the incredible results these videos have had in the past, across all industries.
CrazyEgg was able to make an extra $21k a month using an explainer video. An explainer video for Kickstarter will amplify your investments by creating a direct connection to your audience. Please let us know if you have any questions about this process, or if there is anything we can do to help you with your Kickstarter video campaign. Thank you for your time. We hope you were able to learn something in our article. Please contact us if we can help you further.